Previewing new thoughts for connecting people to your church
I had an incredible April and May investing in Church staff where I did Base Camps at One Love in Hawaii and at Crossroads Christian Church in Corona CA. Sherpa-type leaders are so easy to bond with and learn from. I feel like we all come up a level or two just through the time spent together. The Base Camp at Crossroads had Sherpas on staff from churches in Virginia, Oklahoma, Washington DC and Southern CA. What a fun group.
So here's what's new and what's coming up in the next 2 weeks:
- I struck Assimilation Gold-a fluke experience last month caused us to try something we have never thought of much less attempted before. It resulted in around a dozen guests per week contacting us to get baptized, request our online newsletter and sign up for Next Steps. I still can't believe it and I can't wait to share it with you on my post in two weeks.
- My new CTA Assimilation Strategy Checklist. You may have noticed the free checklist for designing and implementing a high impact assimilation strategy at your church when you landed. It is detailed, and a great way to evaluate where you are at, design something new, or jumpstart/reinvigorate your implementation efforts post Base Camp.
- I'll be at the North American Christian Convention next week (June 26 thru 30, 2017) in Kansas City both as an attender and to lead a breakout session with Brian Phipps called Ways We Are Navigating Assimilation & Discipleship (offered twice on Thursday).
- Base Camp Alumni: email me or use the Sherpas Forum to grab a lunch with me in Kansas City next week or join me at the airbnb I am staying at 2 blocks from the convention center on Tuesday night after 9pm to chat & catch up. Spouses welcome.
- Coming soon: Causes and cures for process breakdowns when it comes to connecting people to your church. This has been in the making for a while and I am looking forward to sharing these new insights with you.
- Coming this week: The top 8 questions to ask guests as they connect to your church. This post will list the 8 key questions you need to ask guests they are to become connected serving members of your church. It will also share when and where to ask them.
Looking forward to a great couple weeks serving guests alongside all of you,